This past weekend, my twin cousins were confirmed. 88 confirmands and their sponsors showed up to lined up and we all processed into the church. Archbishop Kelly's great he has always had kids write him a letter about why they want to be confirmed, what it means to them, and why they chose their sponsors and he reads them during the homily. When it came time for confirming, the 2 parish priests joined the Archbishop so there were 3 people conferring confirmations. Although, it's disappointing that some were confirmed directly from the Archbishops and others weren't, I was kinda glad (it was long enough with 3, I would hate to see it with 1 HUGE line). One of my cousins went to the Archbishop, but since we were in line behind her, we went off to the pastor. Afterwards she kept complaining that the chrism was getting in her eyes. I warned them both before hand that the Archbishop always uses a lot of Chrism. I remember being an altar server during a confirmation and getting to hold the bowl of chrism for Kelly (an unbelievable experience as a kid). Afterwards, my hands were so covered in oil from him using so much, I was surprised that I didn't drop the bowl. Both of my cousins are great kids and I'm proud of them. I gave Zak his present which he was very excited about the St. Zachary medal, he'd never seen anything with St. Zachary on it before and the rosary that I made for him. He gave me a sterling silver crucifix on a chain, very nice, and I wear it all the time. I'm definitely very happy that I got to share in the experience of their confirmation. What a wonderful celebration it was, long but wonderful ^_^
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment