Very, very tired. After work on Monday, I drove the 4 hours back home and didn't get much sleep. But the whole trip was to meet up with my cousin and confirmand after his retreat. I also needed to pick up some rosary supplies so I can make one for his confirmation gift. It was well worth spending time with my family, especially that part. I don't get to see them very often.
I also picked up my new Ceili Rain CD from Mom. The best christian group as well as the best celtic group. They are awesome. I liked their music since Mom brought back the first CD from an NCYC (hmm, that one might have been in Atlanta too). But when I went to a concert a couple of years ago. It was excelent, and I have been mezmorized and hooked ever since (the best $7 I have ever spent). I was even willing to buy a $300 ticket to NCYC for the sole purpose of a second concert. Thankfully, I had to go through my youth minister (my Mom) and she wouldn't let me. I told her that I'd help chaperone, too ^_- Oh well, I'm aiming for Bloomington in Feb.
Ceili Rain has an excelent sound. I've always wanted to learn the bagpipes and had a facination with them. Skip, you are GREAT! Their repitoire has a combination of faster upbeat songs, as well as slower and more spiritual songs. All of their songs have relious undertones if you listen, but sometimes it's not as obvious. Which makes their style less preachy and is very inviting. On this Amazon listing someone who picked up a CD, loves their music and admits he is a proud agnostic and didn't realize they were christian until he saw the postings on Amazon. What an amazing way to evangelize. They didn't have to yell at him or beat him to death with a bible to plant the seeds of His words. Okay, so everyone run out and buy all of their CD's and book up the concerts.
Good wishes to y'all at the Creation Fesitval and Unity Awards.
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment