Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Christians vs. Atheists

Last night, Wife Swap just happened to be on one of the three networks that I get. One wife's husband was a pastor and the other hosted an atheist internet radio talk show. I really don't see how someone can make a living at what he does and I don't know why someone would continue to work 70-80 hours a week and not have time to spend with his/her kids. You can visit his web page, listen to his radio program, and make comments. Hey, maybe logon to the chat during showtimes (when people are on) to practice defending the truth, but if you do please be respectful and do it with a christian attitude (you don't have to pay).

One thing I learned is that non-christians have a hangup with Jonah. The seeming first thing atheists/non-christians on the show jumped towards was "do you really believe a guy can live in the belly of a fish." First, I think they need to be more educated that a whale is a mammal and not a fish. But, I also believe a lot of the stories they jump to are allegorical.

I found it interesting that when Kelly, the christian, decided to describe her husband's day instead of name a job. Reggie, the atheist, accuses that a good christian would have just told him up front him that he was a pastor when it did come up. First, I find it funny that he knows what a "good christian" would do. But, I really don't see how that has to do with being a good christian. When people ask what I do, I tell them I design web pages for government projects. I don't tell them our small company name. That usually brings more confusion and questions that are complicated to answer. I don't think my answer, in not providing title and company, makes me any less of a christian.

The pastor did seem to talk about God a little bit excessively. Not that talking about God is a bad thing, but I don't think they showed him having a conversation where he didn't talk about God.

It was definitely an interesting premise for the show. If you want to hear the men talk a little bit more about it go to the web page listed above and look for the episode Stonerock and Finley.

One last thing... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Paix du Christ!

1 comment:

Fidei Defensor said...

Wheat and chaf I suppose.