Monday, November 14, 2005

Rosaries and things

Friday was a day off from work. I spent pretty much the whole day making Zak's rosary. It's really nice looking. I spent alot of time making sure every thing looked as best as I could. I still notice a few flaws in it, but we are human beings and not perfect and tend to see those flaws in ourselves. Linda and Brian thought it was really great. I hope Zak likes and appreciates it. I really like making rosaries; it's something you can do while watching TV or talking and it's nice and peaceful. It definitely makes you appreciate the prayer and materials more once you start making them yourself. If anyone I have any blog readers and you'd like a rosary, just drop me a line ^_-

Went to the open house of Catholic High School. It seems to be a nice school, definitely small on the inside. I saw Brian and Lisa for a little while and spotted Katie (a high schooler from St. Mary) on the way out.

Linda seems to be starting to get discouraged with the youth group (I think). With Fr. Glen cracking down on the budget and not giving ANY to the youth, and there's a couple nights where there were only 1 or 2 kids. Those were mostly the middle school nights though. But I've been really pleased with the past 2 high school nights. The first Sunday of the month was the Mass of course. There was a nice showing at the Mass after the confirmation retreat. It seemed that all of the parents really liked it and a couple even mentioned they did, but they can't get their kids there every month because it starts at 16:00. We even feel the same way and tried to encourage folks to tell Fr. Glen so maybe it can be changed. This past Sunday, we were afraid no one was gonna show up for hang-out night in the gym, but we got a total of 5 and that made me happy at the showing considering the past few times we've tried (middle school) to be in the gym after rushing out of work and then being disappointed. I'm still hoping "If you build it, they will come" comes true here.

Paix du Christ!

No comments: