Once I got back to watch the Super Bowl, it was already half time. Most of the commercials weren't very good this year, so I flipped from the game to Crossing Jordan during commercials. It's only 2 channels away since I don't care to pay for cable. In the middle of a change, I noticed a picture of JP, of course I had to stop. As soon as I did, I remembered what the channel was between ABC and NBC - 3ABN. That's right, the Seventh Day Adventist channel. I groaned, and then as they started talking, I painfully watched part of it until I figured the timeout was over.
These vultures have to attck the Church by attacking a man when he's dead. What morons. JP's funeral was acclaimed to be the largest attend in history, President Bush as well as most former presidents attended the funeral, many national and religious leaders from all over the world attended, and were the premise for their argument that the Catholic Church is the beast in revelation, will force it's power on the United States, and take over the world to become the great anti-christ. They also noted that JP appeared on the cover of Time a record 16 times, and said how horrible that was. Apparently we Catholics have a goal of converting a majority of voters in all precincts according to the Glenmary website. The program was also date since they said that if Roberts was confirmed that there would be 4 Catholics on the Supreme Court (can you really count Kennedy?).
You know why so many people attended the Pope's funeral, you know he was on the cover of Time so many times, you know why none of the SDA leaders will ever see these things happen to them? Because the Pope (JP, as well as Benedict) is a man of peace and kindness. JP was the most world-wide influence on the fall of communism and he did all of his work through peace and love. The SDA message on the other hand is all about hate and division. Make people hate the Catholic Church with their lies so they leave the Church. Divide all christians so the SDA can further spread their falsehoods. When I turn on 3ABN, I continually hear hatred, mostly towards Catholics, but towards anyone who isn't SDA. No one's gonna attend a funeral of anyone with that attitude. I have a hard time believing that a church that vommits all that hatred is Christ's Church. Although they are considered christian, I am having a hard time calling them christian, because true Christians wouldn't say the things they do about everyone else.
I'll keep watching 3ABN off and on. Not too listen to the messages, you want me to listen, then you at least have to act christian. But, to improve my appologetics. Watching this channel, I can at least hear attacks and have time to polish any responses with out being in the middle of a personal fire fight.
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They forget their nutty religion was founded in teh 19th Century, and their founder thoght the world was going to end, he even picked an exact day. The day came and went.
These guys are liars and the fact that they feel the need to attack our Pope speaks volumes about their own insecurity being the minor sect they are with no history and little hope of a future.
To tell if a denomination is truly Christian, look to its fruits. The SDA seems to be falling short. And given what Fidei posted, I think the SDA has too many inhouse problems of their own to be bashing other denominations.
When was the last time you ever heard a priest putting down or attacking another Christian demonination at Mass?
Sadly, I have. However, I realize that these priests do not speak for Catholicism as a whole.
- The Unseen Baptist.. I mean Blogger. ;)
The Catholic church is not the beast. The first and second beasts are Idumean, from Southern Israel, who come as the 8th and 9th rulers of Israel. Ariel and his son Gilead are mentioned in scripture as rulers of Israel when Christ comes. For more info on this see http://landofcanaan.info/
and let me know what you think.
Post a Comment