Wow, yesterday I had a wonderful opportunity to join a 76 member, 9 church, ecumenical choir (6 Catholic, 2 Presbyterian, 1 Methodist) when John Michael Talbot brought his Monk Rock Tour band to Huntsville for a concert. Included in this band were 3 other great Contempoaray Christian artists. Tom Booth, John's brother Terry, and Joe Hand. I'd never really heard Terry's songs before, or Joe's. Although John was spiritual, Tom is an excellent artist, and Terry was good and funny, Joe was a great guy. Joe played the bass and was the closest to the choir. As soon as he went up on stage for a sound check, he started chatting and cutting up with us. He was always smiling and very positive. Unfortunately, we weren't blessed with any of the song's he has written, but I did buy a CD to be able to hear his songs ^_^ It was an excellent evening of Christian music and fellowship! Definitely a wonderful way to start looking toward the lenten season.
If you haven't noticed, I've added the Unseen Blog to the list on the right. Also, In lieu of my most recent musical experience, be looking for links to blogs of Christian artists (mainly JMT, Joe Hand, and Ceili Rain).
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the addition, sir.
That choir must have been something to see. :)
Of course, I couldn't tell you what it looked like. But, I loved it, it made me feel right at home from my high school and college choirs. When ever we had a concert with an orchestra, we usually had around that number in our choirs.
No problem, it's my pleasure to add up my loyal commenter. I hear from other people (on the net and from family) that they read and enjoy my blog, guess they are just too shy to comment ^_-
Post a Comment