You may know that SIRIUS Satelite Radio is where it is at if you're Catholic. EWTN has had a channel there for awhile, and the Archdiocese of New York has put up their own Catholic channel next door called the Catholic Channel at the begining of the liturgical year.
You also probably already know that you can listen to all of your favorite EWTN programs with your computer by streaming from their website.
However, as of St. Valentine's Day (for all of the calendar-challenged guys out there, that's today, pick up a gift after work/classes) both EWTN and the Catholic Channel will be offered online at SIRIUS!!!
Sure, I'm excited, I already have a radio and subscription, so now I can check into the shows while at work or away from my radio. If you don't already have a SIRIUS radio you may not be excited, BUT this means you can sign up for the free 3-day trial at SIRIUS and actually check out the Catholic stations during the trial. Not planning on paying a large chunk of cash for radio hardware and still not convinced to use the trial? You don't have to have a radio to take advantage of the Catholic channels. You obviously have a computer and an internet connection, which means you can pay for the cheaper $6.99/mo. and still hear the great Catholic programs. Don't forget all of the nice music stations you get with that as well, there's genres and music you won't find on conventional radio.
Check it out. What can it hurt? It's just a free 3-day trail!
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on continuing to get EWTN via SIRIUS in the U.S. Unfortunately this morning, St. Valentines Day, (and my wife and my 22nd wedding anniversary), we discovered that EWTN, the only reason I would possibly pay $15 a month for radio, has been summarily removed from the channel lineup. Their website says "if you liked EWTN you'll like The Catholic Channel." Pah.
I've been listening to the Catholic Channel nearly every day since the first instant of their broadcasts (got up at 4am on the West Coast).
Except for the excellent Fr Paul Keenan, and the sincerity and bang-on work of Gus Lloyd, I have to say I've been nothing but consistently disappointed in The Catholic Channel by the scandal and lack of reverence it consistently presents in place of sense.
I started a thread on it at
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=133928
Wow, Kevin, CONGRATULATIONS on 22 years!!!!!
The second wow, is a little less excited. More of a shocked and surprised wow, that SIRIUS was forced to remove the Catholic lineups up north.
I too signed up for SIRIUS because I moved down to AL where there's no EWTN radio broadcast stations. And I found that I was totally addicted to Catholic Answers.
I wonder if complaints from us US neighbors might help you all out up there. I guess it can't hurt, right?
I'm not sure if I totally agree with your assessment of the Catholic Channel. And, I'm not sure about the idea to have Notre Dame sports on there. But, of course, I'm on EWTN much more than the Catholic Channel.
Post a Comment