Holy Spirit Catholic Church had an afternoon Mass and reception to celebrate the 21st anniversary of the perpetual adoration chapel. That's right, for 21 years, people have been praying in front of the Blessed Sacrament 24/7/52 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year) There is always someone keeping vigil with Jesus in the eucharist. So, if you're in Huntsville, AL at 3am or any other wierd hour, you can stop by the chapel (knock on the door if it's during the night hours) and pray before the blessed sacrament. It's the best secret in the town. I'm glad to say that I help out with an hour at 4am every Wed. morning. Once your body gets used to it, the extra hours 1 day a week isn't so bad. It re-charges my week right in the middle, to have my own personal time with Jesus.
May the chapel stay open for 21 and many more years!
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome! I am working as a contractor on the Arsenal - I could make Adoration during the day.
Thank you for making me aware...
God bless
WTS
Post a Comment