Don't forget to go to church tonight or tomorrow! And over the next couple of days, remember all of the dearly departed and celebrate the fact that they have made the next step on the journey in life and pray that they God may see them fit to be united with Christ!
This past weekend, My uncle got married. It was a beautiful Mass and great reception. I always get keyed up for weddings. It is such a beautiful sacrament to see two people dedicate themselves to bringing each other closer to Christ. And especially since it's been the first wedding in my semi-immediate family in probably a good 22 years!
So, I would like to say welcome to my new aunt, Bridget, to our family. Sure, at first we may seem like the Barrones when we ALL get together, but there's plenty of love and faith to go around ^_^
I was so proud and happy to see my uncle up there. Since I make rosaries, I decided to try making a Lasso Rosary (2 rosaries joined together from the hispanic tradition) as their wedding gift. When I gave it to them at the rehearsal dinner, my unlce said, "You know, we pray the rosary together," which of course I didn't know. And that's an AWESOME way to start off a marriage. I hope that's something I can say about a fiancée if God wills me to get married. The rosary I made is the un-finished one in the last 12 of 12 pictures. Maybe I can get a photo of it completed up here, but not until after the new couple gets back from Hawaii since I forgot to take a picture before giving it to them ^_^;;
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment