Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wow, time flies

Sorry, that I had kind of abandonned posting here or reading other blogs for awhile. Life kind of got in the way of everything with cars breaking down, confirmations, graduations, and we've lost 36% of our work force at our company. So, it's been busy around here.

Of course, the big news this week is the release of The Da Vinci Code this weekend. Sunday morning as I was getting ready for Mass, many of the church services on TV were talking about how in accurate the book is and that it is awful and stupid. Which is great that Christian groups are taking a stand for Christ. Unfortunately, they stayed away from trying to disprove any of the hideous allegations made against the Catholic Church and the grotesque portrayal of Opus Dei.

People have all kinds of theories, on how to "stick it to 'em," from not seeing the movie, to protesting, to seeing other movies. I, myself, believe that I'm going to try to see Over the Hedge this weekend, to essentially vote for a family-oriented film with my money in the box office numbers. I do actually want to see the DVC to see how close it is to the book, and because it has Audrey Tautou in it, but I don't want to spend my money on it, so I'll wait until I have an opportunity sometime in the future.

Paix du Christ!

No comments: