Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Much ado about life

Okay, so maybe I lied a little. I didn't go see Over the Hedge, but I didn't go to see DVC either, of course. What I did do this weekend was much better than sitting in a movie theatre.

I showed up in Peachtree City, GA in time for 5:30 Mass on Sat. Actually, I missed the first two readings, darn road paving going on. Afterwards, a small group gathered for study on "Ecclesia de Eucharistia" parts 16-33. It's a wonderful piece of work on the Eucharist and will definitely re-invigorate you in church.

I truly suggest anyone within driving distance of PTC to check it out. Don't forget to look at the website for info, Pope of Love. Not close enough, no problem, check out the webpage anyway for ideas on how to start your own encyclical study.

One of the guys there offered his floor space, so I decided to take him up on it. He also prays Vespers and Matins, so that was nice to get in on. In the morning, he offered me to spend the day with him. We went to the northside of ATL to visit his dad in the nursing home and took him out to sit outside a table a Starbucks since it was such a nice day. He also stops by to see another lady to take her out of the room too. We wheeled her in a wheelchair a couple of blocks to another restaurant with outdoor seating where she ordered a hotdog and a Bud which is the highlight of her life. She also reveled in being so scandalous that she was drinking a beer on Sunday. Spending time with these people and seeing the smiles on their faces was far better than trying to see a movie, a musical, or anything else I could have figured to do on my own in ATL.

We also went to a boys club group called Conquest (I think) run by a local Regnum Christi group where dave talked about heros, and being a real man is to be a Christian and not what we usually see on TV and movies. Afterwards, I called up and got to spend some time with more friends in PTC before I headed back to my vacant appartment.

I'm pretty sure that I'm headed back this weekend for more encyclical talking, and I found out that I have some distant relatives in the area that I'm going to try calling up. Now, I realize why I've only gone to see 3 movies in the past year. There are so many other things to do, and people to enjoy in life than to tie up 2 hours in a dark room where you can't talk to anyone else.

Paix du Christ!

No comments: