Sorry about the slow posting recently and not getting anything up last week. Alot started happening last week between getting the Youth Group ready to go on their mission trip to Bayou La Batre to do some manual labor to help the hurricane victims, not having power at work for a whole day, trying to catch up after the power outage, my apartment complex loosing water pressure, hearing about some all-of-a-sudden deaths from back home, and playing some of Empire at War (a present) I haven't had much extra time recently. So, I do appologize.
Fortunately, a lot of great things happened this weekend. The youth group actually left for the gulf coast to help out. There's about 12 people (including drivers) on the trip. Keep them in your prayers.
I went to the Ceili Rain concert at Bellarmine University in Louisville. An excellent group as always! Although I've ripped all their CD's to my computer (yes, I have legal copies of them all), I lost one of their CD's during my move. So, I had to buy it to fill the hole in my CD case. Plus the cover makes a great place for signatures. If Ceili Rain is ever within driving distance, I highly suggest dropping everything else and going. I've never seen a concert price higher than $10. They are charged with extremely high energy even if it's just a small turn out like this weekend. It's all great christian music (and some people wouldn't know that if you didn't tell them). They have an awesome sound.
And most importantly, I heard from some old and great friends. After the concert, as I was going to bed, I was shocked to see a text message from a girl that used to be in high school plays with me. I finally was able to call her back on my way down to Huntsville. Since she lives in Nashville now, she told me to stop by. How cool is that. While I was there, my best friend from elementary school calls her cell phone so she surprises us both by having me answer it. Another friend that I have tried to keep in touch with was at church and I actually got to tell her happy birthday on her birthday! We've tried to keep in touch sometimes, but most of our contact information is old, but we actually got to update it this weekend. It really is exceptionally wonderful to hear from those golden friendships and I really hope I can do better to stay in touch with them.
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment