Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Alabama Church fires a thing of the past

Apparently the church fires were all a hoax. No, they did happen, but 3 college students have been arrested and say they just started doing it as a prank. So much for the FBI profilers, remember they said that it was 2 males in their late 20's to 30's. But these kids are only 19. They could face up to 20 years in prison for their actions. I guess the joke's on them. I will mention that my main prediction was that it was probably a couple college kids with nothing better to do. But that guess was just because all of the counties involved seemed to center around Tuscaloosa; however, these kids apparently go to Birmingham-Southern College.

I went around work to show people the story and to ask their opinions. Well, generally people think that there's something more than it just being a prank and think that's the story so they can possibly get out of an hate crime convictions. Their are a few fishy elements to the prank story that will probably have to be worked out. Like why continue to 9 churches over a couple weeks if it was just a "prank?" Also, why were all the churches Baptist churches? I'm sure there are plenty of other rual denominations in central Alabama instead of simply cherry picking Baptist churches.

Paix du Christ!

2 comments:

Dymphna said...

Well, it is Alabama so I'd expect most of the churches to be Baptist. Perhaps one of the asrsonists is a rouge Methodist. I hope they go to jail for a long time maybe by the time they get out they'll know what a joke is and isn't.

Fidei Defensor said...

I'm to lazy to retype it, go to namehidden's post on this and check out my comment. There is a possible Satanism connection.