Remember this guy, Michael Baigent? Yeah the guy who wrote Holy Blood, Holy Grail. The book that is supposedly started the fact to end all facts that led to the Da Vinci Code. But, wait it gets better. Apparently there's more than just Jesus being married and whatever other nonsense he contrives in the book. That's right. He has another book coming out entitled Jesus Papers. Apparently Jesus survived the crucifixion and other facinatingly absurd claims he makes in order to bring out the "truth" about Jesus. What a nut! Let's see, for anyone that could bore themselves through the excerpt of that book, his conclusive documents are on papyrus and mummy writings kept in 2 wooden boxes in a London bank, these documents are owned by a Jordanian and apparently the Vatican is attempting to purchase for $5.6 million and would then (as the author puts it) vanish into limbo.
Okay, to review. He is in London, a really foggy and rainy city - therefore humid; he's in a bank conference room with frosted windows, no apparent climate control or means by with which to perserve the authenticity of the documents; The people with which he is meeting wants him to take pictures for the sell, but they are planning on just sending the negatives of through Wal-Mart or where ever; he talks them into letting him developing them, I'm sure they wouldn't expect him to make a copy for himself AT ALL; he takes his only set to a museum to find out what they are about and the guy he knows well isn't there, so he just hands them over to some expert there he doesn't know (good job, way to think); the guy with his set of the photos disappears and the museum couldn't give a flip.
Raise your hand if you find something TERRIBLY WRONG with any of this. Yeah, thought so, you can put your hands down now. I have a feeling that I won't be reading it. The only reason I read DVC was so I would know what others are talking about. How can you argue (def. - intelligibly create a series of premises and not just taking up a contrary position). If people really start taking off on this bull, I'll have to suffer through it to be able to talk with them about it. Otherwise, have a great life Mr. Baigent and I'm glad I'm not you when you pass on.
Paix du Christ!
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment