Advent ended in a flurry this year. Sunday morning, Ethan was baptized!!!! I'll have to get some pictures up of my new godson. I'm so happy and so honored to be asked. In the past couple of week, I've held Ethan more than all of my cousins combined, probably. And I love every minute of it, babies are so precious. Afterwards there was a party (of course) and I hung out with the family until I had to go back to Mass, this time for Christmas and this time to sing in the Choir at a packed Mass as the only Tenor X.X Straight afterwards, I jumped in my car, drove for 4 hours straight in order to... you guessed it... go to Mass. I arrived just in time for Midnight Mass with my parents at my hometown parish.
Christmas morning is probably the first that I've slept time I've slept in on Christmas until about noon when Mom had to wake me up. We had Christmas morning without my brother for the first time. He had spent the previous week with his new fiancée and her family in MI, so they would be driving down Christmas Day. Once we get to my grandmother's house, we eat Christmas lunch and open presents, there weren't as many to open since all the aunts and uncles decided to donate to charities instead of having so many gifts under the tree, which is cool. After my grandmother opened the last present, the phone rang, and we could hear her from the other room. One of her nephews called to tell her that her sister had just died. Apparently they ate a Christmas breakfast, she decided to go lay down, and later when they went back to wake her up, she had already started turning blue. That changed the mood for a couple of hours. She had all kinds of cronic health problems, and she went peacefully, so we were all pretty grateful. But once everyone had their composure back together, we ALL gathered in the living room to pray along with a couple of Hail Marys. And then my grandmother started making plans to take a plane trip to Houston and back in the middle of the Holiday airport mélée.
We had to leave to make it back home before my brother made it in, but they were held up and ended up being 2 hrs. late and we had dinner with my other grandmother. The rest of the week was busy, but pretty normal for the holiday, both my brother (with his girl) and I were able to stay the whole week, so that was great.
That is my Christmas story and it was really nice this year.
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment