Thursday, September 21, 2006

Still around, but podding around too

I'm still here, but lately, I've been checking out different Catholic podcasts. First off, what's a podcast? It's basically like a blog where you post articles, and there is a feed which people can subscribe to know when something new comes out. The difference is that podcasts are audio (usually MP3) files as opposed to text files for blogs. The most popular question is do you need an iPod? The answer is no, although the name, obviously, derives from the name iPod, you do not use an iPod. All you need is a computer. I listen to them on the computer while I'm at work. You can put them on any MP3 player, or if you really want to you can put them on a CD. And there are some wonderful stuff put out by Catholics. Some of my favorites:
Rosary Army - by Greg and Jennifer Wilits of www.rosaryarmy.com whose mission is to make, pray, and give away all-twine rosaries.
Daily Breakfast - a fun podcast, including popculture stuff such as movies, music, video games as well as Catholic news and answering Catholic questions, all put on by a Fr. Roderick, a priest from the Netherlands!
The Arinze Podcast - A podcast with teachings directly from Cardinal Arinze. Absolutely the best way to learn teachings from the Magisterium.
Catholic Answers LIVE - From the EWTN Radio show of the same name, just in case I miss an episode that I really wanted to hear due to youth group.
The Prayercast - spritual music and prayer request from all around the world designed so that you can take it to adoration and listen and pray for other Catholics in front of the blessed sacrement.
Verbum Domini - Readings from the bible to follow with the lectionary, the bishops won't let Brian use the NAB text, so he uses the same versus from other Bible's which he has permission to read. A great way to get the daily readings if you can't always make daily Mass.

These are some of the ones that I have found are excellent. I'm trying to go through the back episodes and once I get caught up on those, I'll get to some of the other wonderful Catholic podcasts out there. You can find more on directories such as: SQPN, Disciples with Microphones, look through the religion section of Podcast Alley, seach for Catholic podcasts on the iTunes Music Store. There are tons of places to search for great Catholic Podcasts. Go check 'em ALL out!

Paix du Christ!

No comments: