Friday - As I mentioned before, Catholic Answers had 2 hours devoted to pro-life topics. Go listen. The first hour is a former abortionist and his wife talking. Their story is absolutely AMAZING. Towards the middle/end of the hour another ObGyn who has always been pro-life calls in to talk about the one time he did do an abortion and how it has affected him. You'll hear a girl calling in that had an abortion that she didn't want donw. Definitely worth the time.
Saturday - Well, I decided to head down to the abortion mill at about 8:00, to see if there were any wackos out there. There were. I guess I didn't really plan on seeing anyone or maybe just one or two people because I didn't grab a rosary, and the one that I keep in the car is broken right now. But, upon arrival, it seemed like a fairly average size crowd, so I decided to stop and stay. The people I met are really great people, probably the nicest and most welcoming pro-lifers I've met (although pretty much all pro-lifers you meet are nice and respectful people). Including myself, there were 9 adults and 4 kids, which they said was a large crowd. Of course, there was a mix of different Christians as you will pretty much always find. There wasn't any real organized prayer going on, but a man by the name of Major had a Rosary of the Unborn with interesting beads that you can find at Holy Love Missions, so I think I might get together with him to see if he would start praying out loud with me.
We shared some interesting stories, and had some interesting experiences. The pro-aborts are ALWAYS more threatening, foul, and down-right mean than the pro-lifers and we experienced a couple of them. My favorite story they told me was about a man driving in by himself with a top-down convertible, they said hi and he said he was there to fix the air-conditioning. So, they nicely informed him that they do abortions here and apparently his response was "They didn't tell me that," and decided to drive off and take his business somewhere else.
The sadest part is that the mill is situated about half-way between downtown and the hospital and it is only 1 1/2 blocks down the street (same street, same side) as the Early Child Works Museum! Also, directly next door is the Hospitality House for the hospital (like a Ronald McDonald House if your more familar with that). Apparently, the people that run that place are sympathetic to the evil and let the clients park in their lot and will call the police to arrest pro-lifers if they step into the parking lot. However, all of the residents that went in or out were very pro-life and sympathetic to us. One guy even even sat out on the side porch that overlooked the abortion mill's parking lot and would talk to the people getting out of their cars. What a great man! His son has been in the hospital for 5 weeks due to a motorcycle accident, obviously has other things he could be thinking about, but takes time to try to save some babies lives. Please, please pray for Mr. Scott's son. Two other ladies were in there for 2 guys in a car accident, apparently, the one's husband isn't doing so hot. If you have time to add these men to your prayer list, please do.
Later on, one of my friends at the picnic that I went to later who kept asking what I'd been upto in the morning, I went ahead and told him to see what he would think (plus I was interested in his stance since he was a nurse). I didn't really find out officially how he feels, but he didn't seem too pro-life. He said he knew a nurse that works at this(?) mill and she carries a gun for her own protection. That comment kind of stunned me off guard, and also was pretty scary. I wonder who that gun is ment for, she doesn't need it for any of us.
Also, Stella posted an abortion-related article over at The Wandering Moon
Sunday - The Mass intention was said for the cause of pro-life. How neat, and how well it rounded out the whole weekend.
Paix du Christ!
5 comments:
They say the population of the US is 300,000,000 people. It is so heartbreaking that it should be around 325,000,000.
Yeah, I was looking up information today during down time at work. Shh.
The estimate is that we've lost 43M lives in this country to abortions. It IS a genocide and the most well known genocide being the holocaust, people usually try to compare the two. Doing research and calculations, the estimate is that 6M were slaughtered in Nazi Germany during the 12 years of the holocaust. In America, we reached that number of deaths in abortions within the first 6 years after Roe v. Wade starting in 1973. I'm not saying one is worse than the other, but they are both absolutely horific, and I would like to see the genocide of abortions (as well as the Sudan) go the way of the holocaust and be erradicated.
That 43M figure is a bit inflated, I believe. It is arrived at by assuming the current number of abortions per year (1.37M) in the US has been constant from the day Roe v Wade was enacted.
Currently, world wide, 46M per year are occuring. That is just devistating. 46 million human lives, 46 million possible solutions to the human condition, snuffed out in the name of convienence.
A local talk show host here says one day, we are going to meet God and say "Why didn't you send us a cure for AIDS?" and He might say "I did, but your country aborted him."
Yeah, I saw numbers from 23M to 32M to 43M. The higher numbers just look better(?). Yeah, I've heard something similar to that about AIDS (probably before on your site as well ^_- ).
There was a quote once that I read or heard or something and I'd really like to try finding it again. It was like this list of family situations of young, single, pregnant women, in poor situations, some on drugs and some on alcohol and such so they all seem like "good candidates" for abortions in the mind of pro-aborts, but in the end you find out these were the exact conditions of the mothers of people like Einstein, Churchill, and other great minds. What if laws like Roe existed back then and they had abortions? Where would we be today?
Exactly!
There is a fundimental difference in the way pro-murder and pro-life people view human life. To the pro-murder leftists, every life is another mouth to feed, another burden on the state and on society, another life to be managed. For pro-life conservatives, every life is a gift, a resource, and a possible solution to some part of the human condition.
Post a Comment