Okay, so the world didn't end on June 6, 2006, or 06/06/06 (no matter what part of the globe you live on). But, then again, I guess the same could be said for the 19 other centuries that didn't happen either. But yesterday's theme was definitely pain, death, and destruction. Or at least in my life; rest assured, no one that I know died.
Work was awful, just one of those bad days where you want to strangle someone. A great way to start of the day! I went to help out with middle school youth group, but no one showed up. When I got back to my place, I pulled a back mussle getting out of the car, what the heck?!? Needless to say that I didn't do much of anything but lay on the couch with the TV on and taking a nap for the rest of the night.
On PBS, they had a show about Alfred Nobel. Yeah, the Nobel Peace Prize guy. He invented Nitro Glycerin, dynamite, and esentially ended up starting the arms war with the introduction of high explosives. He thought if he could create the ultimate weapon then there would be no need for war, kind of like the idea of a war to end all wars I guess. And we know how far both of those theories got us towards peace. They contiuned the destruction theme by covering the advent of the atomic bomb.
The next show, Frontline, kept the spirit of the culture of death going with an episode called "The Last Abortion Clinic." It was really a great show to watch about the abortion issue with a bit of history of court cases and where we are now. They also take cameras into abortion mills and a pregnancy crisis center (where they try to help women with options and refuse to refer them to an abortion). I was absolutely baffled to see the workers in the mill consulting with people in person and on the phone asking them to pray to God for the strength and courage to go through with their choice. Now, talking about using God's name in vain; I can't think of anything worse against this commandment. Also, you get to hear the pro-aborts make it sound like killing these childern is the only option that these poor, young women have, and the pro-life people are standing in the way of their last, best hope to rectify what they chose to do. What about better education in our school systems? What about NOT HAVING SEX? It is wonderful to hear that in some states the women have an ultra-sound before an abortion. The abortion mills in these areas say that the women can't afford it and they have to refer them to some place that will do it for free, which are crisis centers. The best quote in the whole episode is when the person running a mill says, "We are loosing." It's nice to hear you admit it! You should definitely go to the web page to find when it might be on in your area. Can't find a time it's on TV when you're around? No problem, look to the right side or the top of the page and you can watch it online.
One more proof that 06/06/06 has this running theme is that for the past 2 days (I fortunately saved the very first part before the problems started, so I'm still using the original date stamp), blogger has been severly acting up. I've tried posting this thing 3 times already, hopefully this time I won't loose it again.
One more thing, dealing with topics in this post, please remember to pray for the permanent closing of the Birmingham abortion mill which is temporarily closed right now. The hearing on June 20th is less than 2 weeks away.
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"What about better education in our school systems? What about not having sex?" . . . Head nod in assent. Many school systems refuse to teach or even mention abstinence as a method of preventing STD's and unwanted pregnancies, dismissing it as impossible. If they were committed to the prevention, why not take the course that is 100% accurate all the time?
I had my pre-op doctor's appointment on 6/6/06... and in exam room 13. Hope that isn't a bad omen. ;)
Hey Stella! Welcome to my corner of cyberspace. It's great to see you here. I absolutely loved stopping by your site, and Wandering Moon now has a spot reserved in the list to the right. Hope to see you hop through here again. I definitely agree, the way not to have kids is not to have sex. It works for me ^_^ Oh, and this is a reminder for everyone else out there that guys can abstain too, don't give in and don't think that there aren't any "good guys" out there, because we are.
NH, hmm, I don't really follow superstitions, but I like to do things to go against them like sitting in seat 13 and such. It looks like your pre-op hit a sweet spot on that one. Just think how you can debunk all of that superstition when you finally have a successful surgery ^_- Just think if it was going on at 6:06:06 during tat day.
Hey, thanks for adding me to your blogroll! I'm trying to get one of those "pro life blogs" buttons added to my sidebar. Talk about classy. Keep blogging!
Post a Comment