There's been a lot of wacky religious news coming out recently with the release of the movie The Da Vinci Code, a new book The Jesus Papers, and the supposedly found gnostic writing of the Book of Judas. At times, it could seem there is an attack going on aimed at Christianity, and the time with Easter around the corner seems impeccable. Not all things are bad. A&E will be having a short series of 5 episodes called God or the Girl. The series tracks some young men's discernments on whether to enter the priesthood. I've seen/heard the subjects appear on morning TV and EWTN radio, they expressed concerns that there was no say on the editing and were afraid that too many liberties could have been taken to skew the reality. But in the end, they were all pretty pleased with how the show has turned out. These young men aren't spilling the beans whether they chose the girl or God, I guess your going to have to watch to find out. When should you watch? Well, Easter Sunday, of course is the first airing of the first episode. As I don't have cable, Easter is the only day I'll be able to watch. Follow the link in the title for a schedule in order to check it out for yourself to see what kind of spin they put on people, especially young men, devoting themselves to Christianity and then report back here since I won't be able to watch. Afterwards, embark on your own journey to decide whether you should be devoted to God or a girl ^_^
Paix du Christ!
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome Karlton and thanks for stopping by. Great that you can view the A&E program! Have a blessed Easter.
Post a Comment