Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Lifting those crummy days to God

Yesterday was Columbus Day and a vacation day at work. I wasn't at work, the sun actually came out for the first time in 3 days, I watched a couple of movies, I took some time to setup my bed since I had been sleeping on the couch for the past week and Mom actually answered the phone since she hasn't all weekend. Pretty good so far right? Well, the bad times always seem to out weigh the good times. So, I felt kinda down yesterday because of other things going on. Since it was actually a nice day out, I decided to take a few minutes to drive to the state park and read the bible. On the way, I got online with my Treo to pull up the web page (just in case I couldn't get a signal up there) so it would be loaded in cache. I got up there and got some maps from the office. On the legend of the hiking trails map, there was an icon listed as "Japanese Tea Garden." Of course it was intriguing, and was not far at all from where I was so I started walking. There was a couple of bridges, a stage, some rocks and some benches, and a little open air building. I sat down to read the bible passages for the daily readings (lucky that I had thought to pre-load the page). I got to the psalm and it was psalm 98. I was amazed and touched that I had decided to go out into nature and the reading that came up says "All the ends of the Earth have seen the goodness of God!" Wow! Seeing as I knew a tune for this psalm, I decided to sing it out instead of reading it silently. Afterwards, I decided to walk in the little building, take off my shoes, bow in, and sit seiza style (ok, that didn't last the whole time, but I tried). While I was sitting there looking through one of the round windows at the nature of God's goodness, I prayed and started talking with Him. I finished off with the Mysteries of Light. As I headed back, I definitely felt a lot better. Just thought that I'd share my story with you. Maybe, next time you are feeling a little down and out. Just pick up the bible, go somewhere calming and read the daily readings. You never know what it might say to you.

Paix du Christ!

No comments: