I can remember the day 2 years ago like it was yesterday. It was extremely happy and extremely sad all at the same time. Today is the 2nd anniversary of the death of JP2. He is one of my role models. I was very saddened to found out that he had died as he did so much to work for Christian unity and harmony across the world in general. He is arguably (and definitely in my opinion) the most infulential person in the 20th century. But, I was very happy to hear that he no longer had to suffer. I'm sure more than the pain his illnesses caused him, it was even more painful for him not to be with the people giving his weekly addresses that he began and the traveling that he was well known for. The world definitely misses his smiling and kind face, but now we have a great intercessor for peace in heaven.
Pope John Paul the Great, pray for us!
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment