Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Belated St. Nicks

Man, things have been busy since Thanksgiving. This past weekend, 2 babies were saved on our sidewalk, what a tribute for the day after the celebration of the Immaculate Conception.

Usually, I don't get gifts for St. Nick's Day. Before, I've left candy for my college roommates, and bought small stuff for people in Church. However, this past Dec. 6, I got 2 of the best gifts ever! At a church event, a friend came over afterwards and asked if I would be the godfather of her 3wk. old son Ethan. If that wasn't enough, later that night, my brother called to say that he just got engaged that day. So, this year, God gave me a godson (this will be gosdon #2) and a future-sister-in-law all in the same night to celebrate St. Nick's day!

Paix du Christ!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got asked to be a godparent quite some years ago now. It has given me a special bond with the child over the years. Now he is a teenager, I still have a special relationship with him, and when he sometimes gets offside with his siblings and parents, (as teenagers can do!)he knows he still has his godmother around.