Monday, August 14, 2006

Survivor 73

This past weekend, I went to the EWTN 25 convention in Birmingham. It was going on, I wasn't doing anything, why not just go? Anyway, I hope to get more information up about the goings on later.

But for now, I wanted to share with you about this T-shirt that I saw and just HAD to have. It basically says how I feel. The subject line of this post is the front of the shirt. The Reverse states:

Since 1973 1/3 of my generation has been slaughtered by abortion at the rate of 4000 babies per day. My friends...My classmates...My generation compromised by the selfishness of others. As a survivor I will not let future generations be slaughtered in the name of convenience. I will not be silent. I will not forget. I will not compromise.

Yes, I am a survivor in my generation. I was born in 80, the start of the peak baby killing season. My parents were 17 and 18, didn't have college degrees, worked in fast food joints, didn't own a house, didn't have any saved up money, and had to go into debt to pay the pregnancy bills. I was born well under the 9 month mark after my parents were married. By society and culture standards I should have DIED, they checked all of the boxes excpet rape that people use to excuse themselves of killing their babies. I LIVED! My parents let me LIVE though the world would condemn me to death. Everytime I step out of my car onto a downtown sidewalk on a Saturday morning armed with my loop of 59 beads, I say a prayer thanking God that my parents loved Him and loved me enough not to set foot into one of those death holes, or to find some pill to give them a quick fix to get rid of me. I AM a survivor, I WILL not be silent, and I FIGHT so that others might get to experience the joy of life to learn to love God before being sent to meet Him.

Paix du Christ!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a nice celebrationa and to see and meet the nuns God Bless Mother Angelica and all at EWTN.


Audio Homilies by Fr. Angelus

Stella said...

Ha! You're more behind on blogging than I am!

Christina said...

Greetings from another survivor.

I want that shirt too.