Sorry that it's been a little on the light side. We moved into a new office building. I've made a couple of trips back home. I've been assigned stuff at work that is really frustrating and time consuming. And I've also gotten involved in LibriVox that I found out about from Julie D. at Happy Catholic
Let's see; first, I was in town this past weekend, so, of course, I was out praying Sat. morning. Our group was a small crowd, it was very hot, and the traffic seemed light, even the flow of women coming in. I still haven't seen any of the vehicles of any of the first people that we met from the Hospitality House (I hope that's a good sign). The funniest thing happened. Some guy passing on the other side of the road decides to lean quite a ways out of his van window and yell, "GET A JOB!" I died laughing. I didn't know that being out on a Sat. morning meant that you didn't have a day job. I don't think that got the memo that the usual yell out the window is: "GET A LIFE!" Which Mom apparently finds highly ironic. There was a white SUV that passed kind of slowly (ie not speeding) with a 2 people, the driver was male, and it looked like the passenger was a female and there was a large AU magnet on the back. He turned around at the parking lot at the end, usually these are all signs that they are scoping out the place on the first pass, so they can be sure to make the correct turn on the second pass, and possibly to make sure that we aren't blocking the entrance. So, when I saw them turn, I let everyone know that one was coming. The passenger was definitely female, and they both had on white shirts saying they worked security for the VBC. He pulled up to the curb and slowed down. But, having the passenger window rolled down kind of caught me off gaurd. Instead of pulling in, he leaned across so he could see better out the other window and said "You're doing a good job," smiled, and drove off. Wow! If you ever stumble across this, thank you so much. You really made my day.
Other than that, it was pretty quite on the front. I went back to my ol' theatre company who was putting on Seussical. Let me tell you, I was pretty skeptical going in, but coming out, I was a fan. They had a great cast for the show, and I thought the show was pretty excellent. If you ever have a chance to see it, go. Although it will be in Huntsville soon and they are charging $21 O.o I don't know about paying that price for a community theatre.
Well, my recent online hobby is LibriVox. FREE Audiobooks. That's right, absolutely free books that you can download in MP3, you don't have to login or provide an email address or anything, just save the file. The books, of course, have to be in the public domain, but they are still great books and a lot of great readings. If you like it, support them, no money needed, but there are a few different ways to go about it. First, you can print off posters and put them in your library/work/where ever, or email, or tell people, or post in your blog, just get the word out. Second, you can listen. Pick a chapter or 2 and listen to it to make sure that there's not too much background noise or no long pauses and things like that. Thrid, you can read. We already know that you have a computer and are online since you are reading this, all you need is a microphone and a free program to download and you can record poems, chapters, or even whole books and have everyone across the world listening to you!
Before I go, there was a news story on Fri. about some child that has a disease and has all of these hospital visits and needs that are very costly. The reporter in the story said that when they went in to some financial aid person to ask for more monetary help, they were told that they could only help them if the couple got a divorce. WHAT?!? That just makes me boil. Of course, they said they couldn't do that. No duh, they love each other. There's just too much to complain about there, so since there is nothing good to say about it...
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment