Sorry for the lack in posts lately. I've been really busy and tied up at work and my internet connection has been flaky at the apartment plus I've been working on an intricate and time intensive rosary. The holes in the peridot beads that I bought are quite a bit smaller than the gauge of wire that I have so I had to find wire that fit. Well, had to go all the way down to 26 gauge wire. Pretty darn small. In order to make it more durable, I'm having to wrap around the wire with every loop that I do. There's a loop on each end of each bead and then all the loops on the chains in the middle. That equates to A LOT of extra wrapping for all those keeping track. I've got 2 decades finished, only 3 more to go!
Last night I actually showed up to the young adult faith sharing group that LOCO (Light of Christ Organization), link is on the sidebar, was having. It was the last in the series, but at least I got to go to one. It was about devotion to Mary and the Saints. There were questions about a lot of stuff I already knew with praying to saints, worshiping and the many other common ones. We passed around the Catechism and Bible and read references out of them to back up the belief on topic. Seeing as it was on topic, I offered to teach people to make rosaries and there appeared to be interest. I would really like to get a group to start meeting regularly (at least twice a month or something) and maybe get a rosary guild type thing going with young people. I really do hope it works out.
There's only 1 1/2 weeks before Christmas. Have you prepared for Christ this year? There's only 1 Saturday left to go to confession at most churches. The perfect birthday gift for Jesus this year would be a clean heart.
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment