Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Holy Days and Such

Over the past week (and a little more) St. Mary of the Visitation has been having a novena to Mother Mary leading up to the Feast of the Assumption. I've been going when I haven't had an obstacle, like falling asleep after work, ham club meeting, and a dying alternator. It was really nice, a very relaxing time to end the day after work, and the prayer time to wind down seemed to give me more energy after work, that's not always the case though, especially with individual prayer. I'm not sure how they pick the readings, but it seems like everytime I have been the gospel reading was always the visitation. Hmm. The prayer started out with a processional and the rosary, then went into a litnay of Mother Mary. Preceding, was a liturgy of the word. It also includes an exposition, benediction, and divine praises before concluding with a recessional. Apparently the parish has held this novena for the past nineteen years. I hope it continues for many more years and continues to grow. Maybe some of you could talk your pastors into having one too. In other news today, celebration of the 20th World Youth Day started in Cologne, Germany. The first World Youth Day for Benedict XVI, I'm sure he will make this one just as special for the youth in attendance as JP the Great always did in the past.

Paix du Christ!

No comments: