Benedict XVI, I've been saying that a lot today, it's going to be hard getting used to saying. I figured if I went ahead and started, maybe it would start becoming easier. Ratzinger is known as being conservative, but it could just be because his previous job was pretty much defender of the faith and orthodoxy. Some people are a little uneasy thinking about him as being conservative. Honestly, it sounds like he agreed with a lot of JP2's positions. Sure, he won't continue to do everything the same, but I don't think it's going to be a radical change to being extremely conservative. I doubt that he will travel the world like JP2 did, nor does it sound like he will actively search out inter-religious dialogue. I think Benedict XVI will be a fine pope, but no one in my mind will ever be as wonderful as JP2, I think he took the church in many new directions, and did great things with the papacy. I truly believe he is and always will be the greatest man of our time.
Paix du Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment